Facebook went down for a couple of hours this morning
AP Photo/Andrew Harnik
- Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp were all affected by outages this morning, according to Downdetector.com
- People complained about it on Twitter.
- Asia and Europe were the hardest hit.
(Reuters) - Facebook Inc's social networking site was inaccessible to some users across the world on Sunday, according to Downdetector.com, a website which monitors outages. Whatsapp and Instagram, which are both owned by Facebook, were also the subject of reports from users that they were unavailable.The outage tracking website showed that there are more than 9,000 incidents of people reporting issues with Facebook. Advertisement
By 8.30 am EDT the site still showed more than 4,700 reports from users unable to use the app. A heatmap of complaints showed the Philippines was heavily affected. Central and Eastern Europe were also affected, as was the Eastern Seaboard of the US.
Separately, Downdetector.com also showed that there were issues with WhatsApp and Instagram, but with relatively lower count of outage reports.Facebook had experienced one of its longest outages in March, when some users around the globe faced trouble accessing Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp for over 24 hours.Advertisement
(Reporting by Akshay Balan for Reuters in Bengaluru.)
- Los Angeles County reports first death due to West Nile virus this year
- Xiaomi to give 2,500 smartphones worth ₹2 crore to needy kids in India
- Best Wi-Fi adapters for PC in India
- Google-backed Aye Finance brings on board former Hero Fincorp Chief Business Officer
- Study reveals why Covid-19 virus impacts patients differently