Facebook went down for more than 13,000 users on Wednesday afternoon
- More than 13,000 Facebook users reported issues loading the site on Monday, according to Downdetector.com
- Nearly all of the reports came within a window of about 15 minutes starting at 2:30 p.m. EST.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Facebook seemingly went down for thousands of users on Wednesday afternoon, based on reports submitted to Down Detector.
More than 13,000 users reported issues using the site during a 15-minute time span starting at about 2:30 p.m. EST.
After the short time period, many users returned to report that Facebook was working normally again, but a handful of reports continued to trickle in. About 1,000 Instagram users reported issues with the app at about 11 a.m. EST on Wednesday, while WhatsApp users did not appear to have any issues. Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp all suffered from downtime on April 14.
Business Insider has reached out to Facebook for a comment on the apparent downtime but did not immediately hear back.
- Lenskart acquires majority stake in Japanese eyewear brand for $400 million
- In India, it could be a funding autumn not winter with active funds are still closing big deals
- Best laptops for students under ₹30,000
- A CRED-like platform is what Indian OTT users want to juggle multiple subscriptions
- From anti-phishing phrases to two-factor authentication – here’s how Kucoin keeps your account secure