Facebook will show cars for sale from auto dealers
- Facebook is adding car listings from auto dealers to its Marketplace tab.
- But the social network isn't letting people process transactions on its platform - yet.
Facebook is drastically expanding the number of cars it can help sell by partnering with Edmunds, Cars.com, and others.The new partners will help populate Facebook's year-old Marketplace tab with vehicles sold by auto dealers rather than only the for-sale-by-owner listings that are available now. The move furthers Facebook's ambition to be an e-commerce destination, although the social network isn't allowing transactions to take place on Marketplace yet.
Facebook has partnered with a number of outside partners, like eBay for its daily deals and Eventbrite for event tickets, but has yet to allow for transactions to take place on its platform.Sharma declined to say whether Facebook planned to let users process transactions through Marketplace and added that his team was "more in watch, wait and observe mode."
- India beats England in 4th Test, series 3-1, enters World Test Championship final
- Tech bids open for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train bridge project, says NHSRCL
- Tesla launches new social engagement platform 'Engage Tesla' for both public policy team and owner's clubs
- IndiGrid inks largest transmission deal with Sterlite Power
- Araku Valley, an idyllic weekend getaway spot in the north-eastern corner of Andhra Pradesh