Facebook's video views are exploding
That's a big number by any measurement, but it's particularly noteworthy when you consider that it has jumped from 3 billion a day in January.The increasing popularity of video on Facebook underscores the growing threat that the company poses to Google-owned YouTube. And it bodes well for Facebook's effort to make money from video ads, which command higher rates than other types of online ads.
During Wednesday's earnings call, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg noted that 75% of the video views are happening on mobile devices.
- Air conditioner and cooling brand Voltas India eyes double digit growth this summer
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani cumulatively lost nearly $7 billion as the markets plunged
- Dr. Reddy’s, TCS, Bandhan Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 13
- Sushil Chandra appointed as Chief Election Commissioner with effect from April 13
- TCS has broken many records in the last three months — but that isn't good enough for the market