'Fate of the Furious' is on its way to toppling 'Furious 7' at the box office
The eighth installment in the "Fast and the Furious" franchise, out Friday, already earned $10.4 million in Thursday night previews in over 3,300 theaters, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie is on track to make over $100 million domestically and $400 million globally over the full weekend. With the movie playing in 63 markets globally and showing on the most IMAX screens ever for a movie, there's a good chance that this latest "Furious" movie could surpass the record-breaking opening "Furious 7" had.
The 2015 hit broke the record for the biggest opening weekend in April with $147.1 million domestically, and worldwide it took in $397.7 million, leading to the movie eventually earning $1.5 billion worldwide over its theatrical run, the largest haul for any movie in the franchise. It's also the sixth highest-earning movie worldwide ever.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 review: Value champion in the Android smartwatch space
- Best iPhone under ₹30,000
- Best earbuds under ₹1500
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World