Ficci Lauds Power Minister's Move To Address Coal-related Issues
Hailing Power Minister
"While moves like reducing coal for e-auction could ramp up supplies in the short-term, streamlining the processes of environmental and forest clearances with time-bound approvals and ensuring better co-ordination with railways will help in increasing supplies in the medium-term," the industry body said.
Piyush Goyal had asked
“CIL has played a critical role in meeting the growing coal needs of the country. However, the past few years have seen an increasing gap between the demand and supply of fuel leading to the present crisis in the power sector. Capacity building, technology interventions and new investments are required to reverse the current state of coal production," said Ficci.
Power generation has suffered as CIL has not been able to meet production targets due reasons like delay in approvals for new mines.
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike