After SBI, HDFC Bank issues restructuring guidelines for retail loans
HDFC Bankwill only consider retail loans with a minimum outstanding of ₹25,000 for one-time structuring.
- Defaulters will have to prove a dip in their income during the COVID-19 months.
- Here’s how you can check your eligibility and apply for HDFC Bank’s retail loan restructuring.
AdvertisementAfter the State Bank of India (
As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) notice, only loans that had begun to default after 1 March 2020 will be eligible for the scheme. Just as with SBI, applicants will be reviewed based on documents and information provided — like the customer’s repayment track record, responses given while claiming moratorium, and other insights.
Both banks are also offering to extend the balance tenure of the loan by a maximum of 24 months.
The aim is to ascertain a drop in cash flow during the COVID-19 months. If that is the case, HDFC Bank will then ‘assess the viability’ of the customer to pay the restricted EMIs before final approval can go through.
How to apply for HDFC Bank’s retail loan restructuring
- Visit the bank’s official website or get in touch with your relationship manager to file an application.
- Salaried customers will need to provide salary slips or bank statements as proof of employment
- Self-employed individuals will need to provide GST, income tax returns, and Udyam certificate.
SBI customers will have to pay an additional 0.35% interest annually.
Loans not eligible for restructuring at HDFC Bank:
- Loans agricultural purposes and classified as agricultural loans by the bank
- Agricultural credit societies
- Financial service providers
- Central, State, and local government bodies
- HDFC Bank employees
- Exposures to housing finance companies which have already been rescheduled
Instagram Reels' new update allows longer videos — doubles the length of the clips you can upload
The first-ever supermassive black hole to be captured on camera has a wobbly shadow
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Biden sends letter to Yoon expressing willingness for talks on IRA
- India reports 2,468 fresh Covid cases, 17 deaths
- TRS meeting underway to convert itself into national party
- Concerned over growing population, the RSS chief calls for a comprehensive policy to check it (Ld)
- EU votes for law that will force Apple to ditch lightening port for Type-C by 2024
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World