Dinesh Khara steps in as new SBI chairman as Rajnish Kumar's term comes to an end
- In the changing of the guard at India’s largest bank, the
State Bank of India( SBI), Dinesh Kharawill replace Rajnish Kumaras the new chairman.
- Khara was the first choice of India's headhunter for state-owned banks, the Bank Board Bureau (BBB).
- With Khara becoming chairman, his post as Managing Director will become vacant for which the BBB has recommended Swaminathan Janakiraman.
Khara was recommended by the Bank Board Bureau (BBB), which is tasked with identifying heads of public banks. He is the senior most among the four managing directors at the bank and was in charge of global banking and subsidiaries of the bank.
With the change of guard at SBI, his slot as Managing Director will now be open to a new candidate. Another Managing Director position will also become available by the end of the month when Arijit Basu will complete his term.
The BBB has already shortlisted two individuals to fill up posts. For Khara’s post they’ve recommended Swaminathan Janakiraman who is currently the Deputy Managing Director in charge of Finance at SBI. And, for the vacancy left by Basu, they’ve pitched Ashwini Kumar Tewari, who was recently named the MD and CEO of SBI’s subsidiary, SBI Card, in August.
In the reserve list, BBB has named Prakash Chandra Kandpal and Alok Kumar Choudhary for the Managing Director vacancies.
The final decision of who will finally take up the posts will be decided by the government with inputs from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Malware infiltrates the defenses of common antivirus softwares like McAfee, Kaspersky, Symantec and others
Andrea Ghez is the fourth woman to win the Nobel Prize for Physics — found the first signs of the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way
TCS expected to post higher revenue and margins led by a streak of deal wins over the last three months
- Five patients killed after fire breaks out at ICU of COVID hospital in Gujarat, PM Modi condoles deaths
- How Adtech is helping to optimize revenue streams to monetization content for media & advertising during this age of online boom post COVID-19
- Russia to produce Sputnik V Covid vaccine in India
- Malaria No More India and Times Bridge launch a Google Assistant feature that will answer people’s queries on malaria
- Burger King India is all set to float its ₹810 crore IPO next week — Here are the details