ICICIdirect website and app down; users complain about not being able to login
- Users of
ICICIdirect, one of the largest retail brokers, witnessed a technical glitch on the home page.
- Investors took to Twitter to complain about the server issues during stock market trading hours -- 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Complaints against the server issues seem to have started at around 9 a.m., on Monday.
AdvertisementOne of India’s largest retail broking firms, ICICIdirect, witnessed some technical glitches on the login page on its website and app starting from 9:30 a.m., on Monday. Generally, users login to the platform to buy or sell shares in the market during market hours 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Downdetector, real time overview of issues and outages, showed that there was a spike in the number of complaints across states between 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
Customers’ complaints were mostly regarding inability to login to the ICICIdirect mobile application and website.
Users complained on Twitter about their inability to close their intraday position in the stock market and facing losses due to it.
Later, the company responded to Business Insider in an email that due to a system issue some of its customers faced intermittent issues while logging into their ICICIdirect account which has been identified and resolved.
SEE ALSO: Flying with the least number of passengers in April, May burns a $100 million hole in SpiceJet’s books
Battlegrounds Mobile India hits 50 million downloads on Play Store
Popular on BI
- Shipwrecks are now protecting sea turtles, dolphins and other crucial marine creatures from bottom-towed fishing
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!