9 of the most tax-friendly states for retirees who want to save money
- Not all states are equally friendly to retirees. From sales tax to property tax, paying taxes can be a big expense to retired people living on a fixed income in the US.
- Data from Kiplinger shows that nine states stand out when it comes to tax affordability, based on low income, property, sales, and estate taxes.
- Wyoming, Nevada, and Delaware top the list of the best states for retirement taxes thanks to low property and income taxes.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
While it's not possible to change federal taxes, these tax-friendly states could help retirees save on state taxes. Here are the nine best states for retirees wanting to save on their tax bills, along with each state's income and property tax rates.
5. South Carolina
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow