A look at the global fintech landscape and how countries are embracing digital disruption in financial services
This is a preview of the "Global Fintech Landscape" premium research report from Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service. To learn more about Business Insider Intelligence, click here.
Since sprouting in the US and UK around 10 years ago, fintech has spread globally. Now, after years of proliferation, countries around the world are starting to see their fintech industries mature. Additionally, we continue to see the emergence of new hotbeds for fintech. This indicates that the space is still far from being fully developed, and that there are many new ways in which startups and their technologies continue to change financial services.
The fact that many new players are emerging in the space also suggests that attention is shifting away from the main countries where fintech is prevalent, and that investors are seeing the potential of newer, conventionally untapped markets.
The spread of fintech can be largely seen in the emergence of fintech hubs - cities where startups, talent, and funding congregate - which are proliferating globally in tandem with ongoing disruption in financial services. These hubs are all vying to become established fintech centers in their own right, and want to contribute to the broader financial services ecosystem of the future. Their success depends on a variety of factors, including access to funding and talent, as well as the approach of relevant regulators.
In this report, Business Insider Intelligence compiles various fintech snapshots, which together show the global proliferation of fintech, and illustrate where fintech is starting to mature and where it is just breaking onto the scene. Each snapshot provides an overview of the fintech industry in a particular country, and details what is contributing to or hindering its further development. We also include notable fintechs in each geography, and discuss what the opportunities or challenges are for that particular domestic industry.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- Besides the US and UK, there are plenty of other countries developing strong fintech hubs. Australia, Switzerland, and China, which are profiled in this report, have managed to leverage their stable financial centers of Sydney, Zurich, and Shanghai, respectively, to spur fintech development and attract funding.
- There are also a number of emerging fintech markets, including Brazil, Israel, and Canada, that are likely to play a big part in the global fintech ecosystem in the future. These countries have nascent but rapidly developing fintech hubs, as well as supportive regulatory environments, that could help them cement strong positions in the broader fintech scene.
- Many more fintech hubs will likely morph into big fintech players. This could push investors to increasingly wake up to the opportunities in new markets, leading fintech funding to become more diversified in the future, particularly outside of the UK and US.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord CE 5G (Charcoal Ink, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 24999₹ 24999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 24% OFF
OPPO A74 5G (Fluid Black,6GB RAM,128GB Storage) - 5G Android Smartphone | 5000 mAh Battery | 18W Fast Charge | 90Hz LCD Display₹ 15990₹ 20990Buy On
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
In full, the report:
- Outlines how the fintech industry has changed over the past 10 years.
- Details which cities are the most likely to succeed as fintech hubs at present and going forward.
- Highlights notable fintech startups in each of these markets.
- Discusses the potential opportunities and challenges these countries are facing today and in the future.
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >>Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the fast-moving world of Fintech.
Read the latest banking news and featured articles:
- Banking Industry Trends
- Future of Banking Technology
- Mobile Banking Market
- Banking as a Service Explained
- Digital Banking
- Open Banking & Bank APIs
- Alternative Lending & Nonbanks
- US Neobank Market
- Hot stocks like IRCTC, IndiaMART, Info Edge corrected up to 10% from their recent peaks
- Best convertible touchscreen laptops in India
- India tops list of countries that has most paid reviews for Tripadvisor
- YouTube crosses 50 million Premium and Music subscribers, records ad revenues of $7.2 billion
- Best thermal printers for print bills, receipts and tickets