Air travel can pose health risks - even some deadly ones - but there's a lot you can do to protect yourself
- Air travel can be uncomfortable, with long hours spent in small seats, often-crummy food - if you're fed at all - and boredom. Air travel might not always be comfortable or fun, especially for frequent flyers, but it's incredibly safe.
- However, even though accidents and injuries are rare, there are a few potential health risks to be aware of when you take a flight, whether it's a short hop or a long journey.
- We spoke with three doctors to find out what you need to know to stay safe and healthy while flying.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
Catching a cold — or something else.
Stress — and its impact on your body.Advertisement
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry