‘Big 4’ salaries - New UBS family office head - Bloomberg terminal updates
On the agenda today:
- Here's how much the "Big Four" accounting firms pay their staff.
- UBS has promoted a new head of its family office unit.
- A look at the changes coming to Bloomberg terminal's instant messager.
Let's get started.
The "Big Four'' accounting firms - Deloitte, KPMG, EY, and PwC - are known for paying their staff high salaries, and entry-level hires can often earn six figures from the get-go. We analyzed data to figure out how much accountants and consultants are paid at each of the firms.
SEC boss Gary Gensler has said cryptocurrency trading venues have become too big to survive without regulation. He told the Financial Times that sans regulation, crypto exchanges risk losing trust - and eventually becoming irrelevant.
UBS's family office solutions group, which caters to clients with at least $100 million, has a new leader. Longtime exec Judy Spalthoff was promoted to take over the group from her successor, Ann Rybak, who's run the group since its inception in 2019. Get the details on Spalthoff's promotion.
The terminal, an ubiquitous piece of
Using hammers and chisels, protestors from Extinction Rebellion smashed glass doors and windows at JPMorgan's London offices. The protest was part of the group's ongoing campaign against organizations that support the use of fossil fuels.
Wall Street firms keep raising salaries to stay competitive, but Chinese hedge fund Ubiquant is beating them out by offering $300,000 to entry-level employees. More on the hedge fund wooing junior talent with major paychecks.
Founded in 2018, Qolo provides back-end payments infrastructure for other fintechs and neobanks. Here's the 11-slide pitch deck it used to raise a $15 million Series A.
Plus, check out our database of pitch decks that hot new fintechs have used to raise millions.
On our radar:
- Business travel isn't coming back, Bloomberg reports. Why CEOs are shrinking their post-pandemic travel budgets.
- According to Bloomberg, Robinhood is looking to launch a feature that would let users get their paychecks early - and that would rival PayPal and banks.
- Financial News reports that Citigroup will have to face a lawsuit over Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme. More on that here.
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months