Bill and Melinda Gates timed their divorce announcement not to clash with Warren Buffett's annual shareholder meeting, NYT report says
- The Gates announced they were divorcing on May 3, two days after
Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting.
- "They spared Warren [Buffett] having to deal with it," a close associate told The New York Times.
- Buffett is a trustee of the Gates Foundation, a big donor, and a longtime friend of
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl 150ml₹ 399Buy On
Gates served for 16 years on Berkshire Hathaway's board before leaving last year to focus on his foundation.In 2006, Buffett announced plans to give away most of his then $44 billion fortune to the Gates Foundation, and is now the third trustee of the charity. As of last July, he had donated a total of $37.4 billion to charity. According to Reuters, some 80% of that was to the Gates Foundation, with the rest going to organizations run by his children, or to the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, named after his late wife.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones