Carlyle's summer break - Banks' threat to bond trading - Junior bankers special bonuses
Good morning and welcome to
- Point72 Ventures is betting big on fintechs serving social-media influencers.
- The Carlyle Group is giving all employees a week off in August after feedback from workers who said they didn't feel comfortable taking time off.
- JPMorgan said electronic trading venues like MarketAxess and Tradeweb pose a massive threat to fellow banks.
Point72 Ventures sees a big opportunity in fintechs serving social-media influencers. An exec highlights gaps in the market.
Point72 Ventures is bullish on funding fintechs that tap into the creator economy, according to partner Tripp Shriner.
The Carlyle Group is giving employees a week off in August and annual $750 'well-being stipends' as some workers struggle to keep work and life separate
After a company survey found that employees were struggling to separate work and life, the Carlyle Group will implement a "well-being strategy" aimed at improving employees' lives. Read up on it here.
JPMorgan's concerns come amid record levels of trading in bond markets. Here's why banks should be worried.
Wells Fargo just invested in a compliance startup that monitors digital and video communications in a nod to Wall Street's new hybrid workplace
Since the pandemic forced bankers to service customers virtually, Wells Fargo has started exploring new technologies that streamline the compliance process. Get the full rundown here.
Investors are buying up thousands of homes to rent on Airbnb, making already-fierce wars over houses even more cutthroat
One Ohio company is looking to scoop up $1.5 billion in short-term-rental properties - a strategy that could box regular people out of homeownership. Here's what you need to know.
Which Wall Street firms have raised base pay or handed out special bonuses amid a fierce battle for junior talent - and which have yet to budge
Lawyers, bankers, and investors pull all-nighters and work seven days a week to make deals happen. Read more here.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life