Central Park South is the most expensive street in New York City, new report shows - and it has a median sale price of nearly $10 million
- According to a new report by real estate consultant company PropertyClub, Central Park South had a median sale price of $9,800,000 from January through July 2019.
- That makes it the most expensive street in New York City.
- Central Park South is the portion of 59th Street that stretches from Columbus Circle to Fifth Avenue along Central Park.
- According to the report, the street had a total of 53 sales from January through July 2019.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The most expensive street in New York City is none other than Central Park South.According to a recent report by real estate consultant company PropertyClub, Central Park South, a portion of 59th Street that stretches from Columbus Circle to Fifth Avenue along Central Park, had a median sale price of $9.8 million from January through July 2019, making it the most expensive street in New York City.Advertisement
New York City has long been known for its expensive home prices. In fact, On PropertyClub's list of the city's most expensive streets, each street in the top 10 had a median sale price above $2 million.
Central Park South, which is home to a portion of New York City's Billionaire's Row, had a total of 53 sales from January through July 2019.
The number of total transactions varies by streetWhile other streets on the list had more sales than Central Park South - like West 30th Street, which ranked No. 8 with a median sale price of $2.9 million and a total of 115 sales - transaction prices on Central Park South were substantially higher than the other streets. In fact, in January, billionaire hedge-fund manager Ken Griffin purchased a $238 million NYC penthouse at 220 Central Park South, which currently holds the record as the most expensive home sale in the US. In October, the New York Post reported that he purchased two more units on the building's 20th floor for nearly $4 million.Advertisement
PropertyClub concluded that Central Park South was the most expensive New York City street by using home sales data from the NYC Department of Finance. Only streets that recorded more than 20 sales from January through July 2019 were included in the study.
- Read more about the most expensive street in NYC:
- Here's your ultimate guide to one of Manhattan's glitziest areas, home to the city's priciest street and the most expensive home ever sold in the US.
- I toured the most expensive condo for sale in a Billionaires' Row skyscraper in NYC, a $58.5 million residence that spans the entire 87th floor. Here's what it looks like inside.
- 2 real-estate investors dish on why they think NYC's Billionaires' Row is not a good investment - and which luxury building they would consider buying in
- I toured 2 of NYC's most notoriously expensive areas for real estate, and they offered a very different look at the city's wealth
- Mumbai: Two pose as 'COVID officers', dupe man of Rs 54,000
- Electrification work at world's 'largest' COVID care centre completed in record time: Discom
- Edelweiss Group books Rs 2,245 cr net loss on upfront COVID provisioning
- Highest single-day spike of 1,153 COVID-19 cases in UP; 12 more die in state
- Over 3,000 beds reserved in Bengaluru hospitals to treat coronavirus patients