Citigroup nabs Credit Suisse banker - Frustrated Goldman execs - PwC's remote-work plan
On the agenda today:
- Credit Suisse has lost another senior banker to Citigroup.
- Goldman execs are frustrated that their offices have been moved.
- Here's what to expect now that PwC employees can work remotely forever.
Let's get started.
Citigroup has poached Sumit Khedekar, a senior investment banker from Credit Suisse, to lead its healthcare business in the Americas. Khedekar is the latest in a string of healthcare bankers to leave the Swiss bank following its Archegos scandal. More on Khedekar's new role.
Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon moved the company's executives from their cushy 41st-floor offices with views of the Hudson River to 12th-floor cubicles to be closer to employees - and execs aren't thrilled. Here's what we know about the sentiment surrounding the move.
PwC recently announced all 40,000 of its US employees can work from wherever they want, so we sat down with the company's head of recruiting to figure out what incoming associates need to know. Rod Adams said they'll still need to focus on building relationships - here's what else he said.
LeBron James' and Maverick Carter's SpringHill Co. just raised a round of investment from RedBird Capital and other major players that values the media and entertainment business at $725 million. RedBird Capital is one of 13 private equity players betting big on Hollywood.
Cryptocurrency billionaire Mike Novogratz said he is meeting with a tattoo artist to discuss how to turn her craft into NFTs - and he's asking Twitter for ideas about his own tattoo. Get the latest on his NFT ambitions.
On our radar:
- Buy now, pay later firms are launching a marketing blitz as competition heats up and the holidays approach. Get an inside look at their tactics.
- We're seeking nominations for the top women personal-finance influencers. Know someone great? Nominate them here.
- The first US bitcoin futures ETF is likely to start trading next week, Bloomberg first reported. Here's what you need to know.
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’