Citigroup nabs Credit Suisse banker - Frustrated Goldman execs - PwC's remote-work plan
On the agenda today:
- Credit Suisse has lost another senior banker to Citigroup.
- Goldman execs are frustrated that their offices have been moved.
- Here's what to expect now that PwC employees can work remotely forever.
Let's get started.
Citigroup has poached Sumit Khedekar, a senior investment banker from Credit Suisse, to lead its healthcare business in the Americas. Khedekar is the latest in a string of healthcare bankers to leave the Swiss bank following its Archegos scandal. More on Khedekar's new role.
Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon moved the company's executives from their cushy 41st-floor offices with views of the Hudson River to 12th-floor cubicles to be closer to employees - and execs aren't thrilled. Here's what we know about the sentiment surrounding the move.
PwC recently announced all 40,000 of its US employees can work from wherever they want, so we sat down with the company's head of recruiting to figure out what incoming associates need to know. Rod Adams said they'll still need to focus on building relationships - here's what else he said.
LeBron James' and Maverick Carter's SpringHill Co. just raised a round of investment from RedBird Capital and other major players that values the media and entertainment business at $725 million. RedBird Capital is one of 13 private equity players betting big on Hollywood.
Cryptocurrency billionaire Mike Novogratz said he is meeting with a tattoo artist to discuss how to turn her craft into NFTs - and he's asking Twitter for ideas about his own tattoo. Get the latest on his NFT ambitions.
On our radar:
- Buy now, pay later firms are launching a marketing blitz as competition heats up and the holidays approach. Get an inside look at their tactics.
- We're seeking nominations for the top women personal-finance influencers. Know someone great? Nominate them here.
- The first US bitcoin futures ETF is likely to start trading next week, Bloomberg first reported. Here's what you need to know.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World