Goldman CEO wants interns in the office - The rush to educate rookie traders - Warford out at Maverick
Good morning and welcome to Insider
- Goldman Sachs' David Solomon wants interns back in the office this summer.
- Brokerages are scrambling to spin up education tools for rookie investors.
- Maverick Capital exec Andrew Warford is leaving the $9 billion fund.
We are also looking for nominations for our upcoming list of top equity research analysts under 35. Find out more about the list, and how to nominate someone here.
Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon wants this summer's interns in the office and says remote work has had an 'enormous impact' on how the bank operates
Goldman Sachs' CEO David Solomon had some strong thoughts about remote work, specifically how it applies to summer analysts looking to learn the ropes of investment banking.
In short, Solomon is keen to get this summer's class of interns back in the office.
Meme stocks and FOMO are attracting millions of newbie traders. Here's how giant brokerages are scrambling to help them navigate wild markets.
The surge in retail traders from the GameStop fiasco has brokerages rolling out education tools for novice investors. Read more here.
SIGN UP NOW: Execs from Bain Capital Ventures, PayPal, Mastercard, and JPMorgan on what's in store for payments in 2021
Ashley Paston of Bain Capital Ventures, Sherri Haymond of Mastercard, Peggy Alford of PayPal, and Lia Cao of JPMorgan join Insider's Shannen Balogh to discuss what's in store for the payments space in 2021. See more here.
Maverick Capital's top stock-picker Andrew Warford is leaving the $9 billion fund to run his own family office
Maverick Capital exec Andrew Warford, who owns at least 25% of the fund, is leaving the firm after 18 years. Read more here.
Meet the Stripe mafia: These 14 former employees are raising millions for their own startups, from climate tech to a Slack competitor
Meet the former Stripe employees who have started their own venture-backed startups. See more here.
- Route Mobile is eyeing the Latin America market to bump up its global presence
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG