Google Play introduces UPI Autopay payment to simplify recurring payments for subscription-based purchases in India
- UPI Autopay helps customers make recurring payments using any
UPIapplication that supports the feature.
- With this new payment option,
Google Playwill help consumers transact safely and seamlessly in more than 170 markets.
AdvertisementGoogle announced that it is introducing UPI Autopay as a payment option for subscription-based purchases on Google Play in
Introduced under UPI 2.0 by NPCI, UPI Autopay helps customers make recurring payments using any UPI application that supports the feature.
According to Google, UPI Autopay makes setting up subscriptions easy. After selecting a subscription plan for purchase, users need to simply tap on the payment method in the cart, select “Pay with UPI,” and then approve the purchase in their supported UPI app.
Earlier this year, Google said that from January 1, 2022, it would be unable to save customer card details like expiry date and card number. The change came from the Reserve Bank of India's new e-mandate policy.
With this new payment option, Google Pay will help consumers transact safely and seamlessly in more than 170 markets.
The platform has also been focused on removing complexities associated with finding and integrating local payments, including access to over 300 local payment methods supported in more than 60 countries.
OnePlus Nord Watch review: A decent watch with a hint of premiumness under a budget
Scientists create remote-controlled cyborg cockroaches that can go under search and rescue missions
Popular on BI
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- ITC Q3 net profit rises 23% to Rs 5,070 cr; revenue up 3.5%
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore