HDFC Bank and Axis Bank remind customers that ATM withdrawals will cost ₹21 plus taxes from Jan 1 — check out the list of charges from top banks
- The cost of withdrawing cash from ATMs will rise by a rupee and relevant taxes in the new year
- So far, RBI allows five free ATM withdrawals on all banks ATMs every month.
- Check out our weekly explainers on the hottest topics and sign up if you like them
AdvertisementCash withdrawals from automated teller machines (ATM) will cost you more in the new year. Cash withdrawal fee through debit card or credit card of any public or private sector bank will now cost you ₹21 per transaction from ₹20 till now.
Over and above the amount, there will be a tax under the goods and services tax (GST) regime. The first five ATM transactions in a month are free. The charges kick in from the sixth transaction.
However, if you live in a metro city i.e. Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Hyderabadad, and you are a customer of HDFC Bank and you decide to use, say, an Axis Bank ATM, then only three such transactions are free in a month.
Banks have started notifying their customers about the change on their website.
At HDFC Bank ATMs, only cash withdrawal transactions will be charged, non-financial transactions like balance enquiry, mini statement & PIN change will be free. But if you are using an HDFC Bank card at other bank ATMs, then all transactions will be charged.
Axis Bank has issued a similar notification to its customers where it has left the charges on non-financial transactions at ₹10.
While ATM charges for every bank remain the same, the fees on non-financial transactions differ from bank to bank.
|Top banks||Charges on non-financial transactions from other banks|
|Axis Bank||₹10 per transaction|
SEE ALSO: LIC, AGS Transact, Adani Wilmar and other IPOs coming up in early 2022
RBL Bank slumps 15% after CEO goes on leave — big investors are eyeing a piece of the pie
HP Adhesives lists at 16% premium and investors gain ₹45 per share at opening
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World