How much engineers and researchers are getting paid at AQR, Bridgewater, Citadel, D.E. Shaw, Point72, and Two Sigma
For many Wall Street aspirants, a career at a top hedge fund is the holy grail. For those who succeed,
The hedge fund industry has transformed over the past 15 years. Whereas fundamental investment strategies once ruled the day, increasingly the flow of talent and capital is shifting toward firms with sophisticated quantitative strategies and data-mining operations.Today, most of the largest and most successful funds have significant quant operations, if not a complete emphasis on quantitative investing. Firms like AQR,
Bonuses play an outsized role in overall comp at most funds, especially in investment roles, but base salaries are still substantial and figure prominently especially at the more junior levels, where employees typically have a less direct impact on overall returns.Some of the brightest minds in systematic trading and quantitative research were born and educated outside the US, and some funds stock their US rosters with foreign labor. When US companies file paperwork for visas on behalf of current or prospective foreign workers, they're required to say how much base compensation the workers are offered. And every year, the Office of Foreign Labor Certification discloses this salary data in an enormous dataset.
Business Insider analyzed the agency's disclosure data from the past three years for permanent and temporary foreign workers to shed light on what these
- Insurance regulatory IRDAI gives in-principle approval for Bharti AXA-ICICI Lombard merger deal
- Arecibo Observatory is shutting down — here are some of the most groundbreaking discoveries it inspired, including one that led to a Nobel Prize
- PM to visit 3 vaccine centres in Ahmedabad, Pune & Hyderabad on Sat (Ld)
- India's GDP shrunk 7.5% in July-September — markets had feared much worse
- Oppo ColorOS 11 review — faster, lighter, better, but is it enough?