I toured an Upper East Side members club for women that costs $3,300 a year, has a strict no-kids policy, and is stocked with $45 CBD gumdrops. Here's a look inside.
- Maison is a members-only women's club on the Upper East Side designed with mothers in mind.
- Founded by fashion blogger Ashley Wu, it opened in February 2019 and features a kitchen, workspaces, and a library designed to feel like your best friend's home.
- Annual membership is $3,300, plus a $275 initiation fee. Maison events include non-toxic manicures, guided meditation, and "lunch-and-learns" on career development and parenting.
- I had the chance to tour the space during Open House New York weekend, during which a handful of members-only spaces throughout New York open to the public.
- I spent one very chic hour at Maison. My tour involved browsing a retail space stocked with things like $45 CBD gummies, and I emerged feeling like, if I had a spare $3,300, a year-long Maison membership would be a good investment in my wellbeing.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more.
Between work, family and home, life can catch up to us.
It definitely caught up to me last month, when I moved to NYC from Washington D.C. I quickly discovered that running around Manhattan searching for my first NYC apartment is not for the faint of heart, so I decided to take a break and tour one of the members-only spaces that opened to the public during Open House New York (OHNY) weekend.
While browsing the OHNY tour options, I stumbled upon Maison, which markets itself as an "Upper East Side private members club where women - especially mothers - can work, relax, learn, and connect." As soon as I read "scalloped leather wall tiles" in the description, I booked.
Founded by style blogger and mom Ashley Wu, Maison opened in February and is located in an immaculate, window-lined space on the second floor of a building overlooking Lexington Avenue and 85th Street.
The majority of members are mothers in their early 30s through 50s from the Upper East Side, Wu told me over the phone, but anyone over the age of 18 can apply. Husbands and significant others are welcome to visit; however, Maison is strictly an adult space. Read: no children.
I don't live on the Upper East Side, but my tour of Maison made me consider moving there just so I can sip cold-brew coffee while gazing out at Lexington Avenue from a soft, terra-cotta-colored couch ahead of a guided meditation class. Here's what Maison is like: