S&P targets IHS Markit — Inside the latest Vista drama — Wealth management-focused SPAC
We're in the final stretch before the end of the year. But don't interpret that to mean fewer interesting stories.The first day back has already proved exciting, as S&P Global announced plans to acquire IHS Markit for $44 billion, which would be the biggest deal of 2020.
latest drama at private-equity firm Vista Equity Partners. If you haven't been keeping up, Casey and Dakin have broken a number of stories detailing what has unfolded off the back of Robert Smith, Vista Equity Partners' CEO, admitting he took part in a tax-evasion scheme.
In this latest piece, Casey and Dakin dive into how Smith and longtime Visa executive Brian Sheth were big early supporters of Nate Paul, an Austin real-estate developer who's part of an escalating political scandal involving the Texas Attorney General.79491847
Rebecca Ungarino with a nice look at a recently listed SPAC that's targeting a deal in the wealth management and asset management space. Rebecca spoke to the CEO to get the rundown of what it is looking for. Read more here.
- Apple iPhone 13’s A15 Bionic won’t be based on 3nm process, confirms TSMC
- The utter chaos and confusion over Remdesivir in India is making the COVID-19 second wave worse
- Atlassian, the maker of Jira and Trello, is looking to hire 300 engineers in India this year
- Night curfew hours extended in UP's Lucknow, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Kanpur City, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Shravasti and Moradabad districts
- Around 1,700 people test positive for COVID-19 in Hardiwar Kumbh Mela from April 10-14