Jonathan Soros is pumping $300 million into a new hedge fund run by one of his father's former portfolio managers
- Former Soros Fund Management distressed debt head Courtney Carson has gotten $300 million from Jonathan Soros' JS Capital for his new hedge fund, Hein Park, sources tell Business Insider.
- Carson left Soros Fund Management in May, one of a dozen money managers who have departed since Dawn Fitzpatrick took over as chief investment officer, Bloomberg has reported.
- Carson previously worked for Deutsche Bank and Richard Brennan's Camulos Capital, and did several stints at Soros Fund Management.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
View all Offers
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
Redmi Note 10T 5G (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Dual5G | 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate | MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm Processor₹ 14499₹ 18999Buy On
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 21% OFF
iQOO Z3 5G (Cyber Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | India's First SD 768G 5G Processor | 55W FlashCharge | Upto 9 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 17990₹ 24990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
Jonathan Soros is backing one of his dad's former portfolio managers.
The younger Soros' JS Capital is investing $300 million in Courtney Carson's new fund, named Hein Park after the historic district in Carson's hometown of Memphis, sources tell Business Insider.
Carson left Soros Fund Management in May after running the firm's distressed credit book since the beginning of 2016. Bloomberg reported that his team would stay at Soros Fund Management for the rest of the year.
Carson, a graduate of Notre Dame and an alum of Deutsche Bank and Richard Brennan's Camulos Capital, is one of roughly a dozen money managers that have left George Soros' family office since new chief investment officer Dawn Fitzpatrick took over.
But Carson's clearly kept in touch with the family after his departure, as JS Capital is now lined up as one of the biggest backers for his new fund. It is unclear when the fund will launch or how much it hopes to begin trading with.
Other investors that Soros' sons have backed include Santiago Jariton, who started Emerging Variant in 2017 after working for George Soros for more than a decade. Both Jonathan and Robert Soros invested in Jariton's new fund, according to media reports.
JS Capital declined to comment. Carson did not respond to requests for comment.
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India
- Amazon-backed office shuttle service Shuttl finds a saviour in Chalo
- Thermal power plants in Tamil Nadu emit more toxic gases than permissible limits, finds study