JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon underwent emergency heart surgery
Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase chairman and CEO, underwent emergency heart surgery on Thursday, the bank said in a memo to employees, clients, and shareholders. He is currently in recovery.
"We want to let you know that Jamie experienced an acute aortic dissection this morning," the memo said. "He underwent successful emergency heart surgery to repair the dissection."
Dimon, 63, is "awake, alert, and recovering well," the memo said.
Daniel Pinto and Gordon Smith, two senior executives with JPMorgan, will lead the bank while Dimon recovers, the memo said.
Read it below:
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors