Meet the 12 power player execs in the movie-theater industry who are shaping the future of film on the big screen
- The movie-theater industry has been constantly innovating to try and find new ways to get people into the seats as competition from cheaper TVs and expanded streaming services has mounted.
- These 12 power player execs have had success doing just that.
- Business Insider's list includes execs at Alamo Drafthouse, AMC, Disney, and even the traditionally anti-theater streamer Netflix.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Despite movie theaters being declared old news by some many times over the last century - with the advent of radio, TV, cable, VCRs, DVD, and now streaming - they have never gone away and have always held a special allure for film fans.
A big reason is because the feel of watching a great movie on the big screen with a room full of strangers is something that stays with you for a long time.
Another reason why is because there are always people in the business who have dedicated their careers to innovating on the experience to get you to come back again and again. That can range from a themed screening of your favorite movie (like what Alamo Drafthouse does), to building a community where theaters can learn from one another (like the Arthouse Convergence), or an executive mapping out the best route to success for their titles.
In this inaugural list, Business Insider is recognizing execs in the movie-theater business who have pushed the industry forward in major ways.
Here are the 12 power players, listed alphabetically by last name:
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World