Meet the 39-year-old hedge fund star most people have never heard of who bought a $30 million penthouse on Wall Street
30 Park Place
- Not even 40 years old, and Jesse Cohn is one of the most respected - and feared - investors in the world, thanks to his role leading activism at $38 billion hedge fund Elliott Management.
- The Long Island native rose through the ranks quickly, leading his first campaign just a couple years after he graduated from Wharton.
- He's been rewarded handsomely for the work, buying a $30 million penthouse in Manhattan's financial district a couple years ago.
- You can read more about Cohn's rise here with our story: We talked to 24 people about the hedge-fund wunderkind at Elliott who wants to shake up AT&T. Here's why management should be terrified.
Jesse Cohn does not like to sit still - which is a good thing since the 39-year-old activist investor wakes up before the sun to train for triathlons and then goes into Elliott Management's midtown offices to construct campaigns against some of the biggest companies in the world.The latest company to find itself in Cohn's crosshairs is AT&T, the media conglomerate that is an American staple. Cohn has steadily built the activism unit of the now-$38 billion Elliott to the point where he can take on a company like AT&T and be favored to win. He's led more than 100 activist campaigns, sat on the boards of companies like Citrix and eBay, and been labeled Elliott's "enfant terrible" by Fortune magazine. Advertisement
Read more: We talked to 24 people about the hedge-fund wunderkind at Elliott who wants to shake up AT&T. Here's why management should be terrified.
The work has been rewarded by Paul Singer, the billionaire founder of Elliott and Republican super donor. Cohn bought a $30 million penthouse in Manhattan's financial district that is 50 floors above a Four Seasons Hotel, according to property records and past media reports.In a tour of the building in 2016, Business Insider found that residents at 30 Park Place have access to "a fitness center, conservatory, screening room, children's play room, dining room with separate catering kitchen and access to the hotel restaurants, and two double-height loggias."
Residents can also access a shared 75-foot swimming pool with the Four Seasons, a spa, salon, ballroom, meeting rooms, and business center. The development offers some of the best views of the Freedom Tower in the city.
To learn more about Cohn and his meteoric rise, click here to read the full profile.
- Goa jail inmates being tested for COVID-19 as jailor found +ve
- Goa: Sawant rules out lockdown amidst rise in COVID-19 cases
- Security personnel testing COVID-19 positive won't be allowed to enter Sikkim: State govt
- COVID-19: Last batch of Indians to leave for home from S Africa on Sunday
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance closes deals with four more investors securing ₹30,062 crore