Read the pitch deck that helped Divvy raise $30 million to provide alternate financing for prospective homebuyers
Buying a home, particularly for Millennials, is a complicated and expensive process - at times it can be complicated and expensive enough to discourage potential buyers from even trying.
Enter Divvy, one of the many Silicon Valley startups working to change the way people buy homes. The company is specifically interested in providing alternative financing options for prospective homebuyers who don't qualify for traditional mortgages.
Divvy accomplishes this by purchasing homes outright and allowing customers to pay the company back through monthly installments - 25% of the total goes toward building equity and 75% goes toward paying "rent."
And some top venture capitalists have bought into Divvy's mission as well. In October 2018, Divvy raised a $30 million series A round led by Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from Caffeinated Capital, DFJ, and Affirm CEO Max Levchin.
Divvy helped purchase homes for more than 100 buyers in its first year, but it has much higher hopes. The startup's official mission is to put 100,000 families into their first homes within five years.
To really understand Divvy's strategy, Business Insider Prime has published the investor deck the company used to acquire that $30 million in funding. Simply enter your email address to receive a FREE download of the full deck!
BI Prime is publishing dozens of stories like this each and every day, chock full of exclusive content and industry analysis. Get started by reading the full investor deck.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life