Robinhood's IPO filing could reportedly come as early as March
- Robinhood's IPO could come as early as March, Bloomberg reports.
- It was initially expected to come around May.
- With its latest funding round, the
appcould be valued at around $30 billion, the outlet reports.
The outlet had reported in early February that Robinhood was planning for a traditional IPO around May. Since then, however, sources told Bloomberg the company has held talks with underwriters about possibly moving the filing up. No final decisions have been made, sources told the publication.
Robinhood did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
The company had been eyeing an IPO as early as 2018 and initially targeted the year 2021. Last year, Robinhood was valued at nearly $12 billion, and in December, Reuters reported the platform hired Goldman Sachs to lead an IPO that could value the fintech startup at more than $20 billion. Bloomberg is now reporting the IPO could be valued at around $30 billion due to its latest fundraise.
Robinhood raised $3.4 billion from backers to help post collateral with the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, Bloomberg reported. The app had become tight on cash after the
Since the beginning of the year, Robinhood has been engulfed in scandal. In late January, many of its users --some convening on the Reddit forum r/WallStreetBets-- started buying shares of companies such as Gamestop and
Bloomberg reports an IPO could help Robinhood secure future financing to appease regulators by increasing its cash buffer. It could also help the company grow. The platform had over 13 million users by the end of last year, and became increasingly popular as young people used the app amid the pandemic - some to earn extra cash, some for leisure.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World