Rupee records a new low, trading at ₹75 against dollar for the first time
- It was trading at ₹75.14, or 1.24% weaker than its previous close.
- Indian stock
marketsalso plunged on Thursday as Sensexfell below the 27,000-mark and Nifty50 breached the 8,000 mark for the first time in over three years.
- The recent depreciation in the Indian currency has been on the back of persistent pressure of
Around 12.45 pm, it was trading at Rs 75.14, or 1.24 per cent weaker than its previous close.
The recent depreciation in the Indian currency has been on the back of persistent pressure of coronavirus fears on global markets along with a free fall in oil prices. The dollar also strengthened against other Asian currencies.
Stock markets also plunged on Thursday as Sensex fell below the 27,000-mark and Nifty50 breached the 8,000 mark for the first time in over three years during the initial trade.
In a bid to increase liquidity and enhance confidence in the market amid the coronavirus crisis, the
- SEBA class 10th result 2020: Assam board to announce result today at 9 am, check @sebaonline.org
- Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Which device should you go for?
- Assam reports 128 new COVID-19 cases
- 48 test positive for COVID-19 in Tripura, tally reaches 695
- Jharkhand reports 7th COVID death, highest single-day spike of 79 cases