The 25 best US tourist destinations to buy rental property in right now
- GOBankingRates just released its 2019 list of the best places to buy rental property in "touristy" towns and cities across America.
- To determine which areas were the best, the site analyzed the annual rental revenue and average daily rental rate (collected from short-term vacation rental data and analytics provider AirDNA) across 50 cities and destinations pulled from US News & World Report's Best USA Vacation rankings.
- The annual rental revenue reflects the total nightly rate and cleaning fees earned over the past year, but excludes taxes, guest fees, and service fees.
- The average daily rental rate includes the average nightly rate and cleaning fees over the past year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
From a night out under the gleaming lights of New York City to long weekends at Disneyland, America's most heavily touristed places rarely see an off-season.On Friday, GoBankingRates released its 2019 ranking of the country's most in-demand touristy destinations that are great for owning rental property. These busy markets can create a stream of steady passive income for owners, and investment properties can also serve as great winter or summer homes on the side.Advertisement
And, as the ranking notes, with booking platforms like Airbnb shaking up the home rental market, there has never been an easier time to rent out property to vacationers and cash in on the booming travel industry.
Read more: Airbnb just announced it expects to go public in 2020. Meet CEO Brian Chesky, who cofounded the company in 2008 to help pay his San Francisco apartment's rent and is now worth $4.2 billion.Ranging from the rugged mountain ranges of northern California to tropical islands off the coast of southern Florida, here are the 25 best tourist destinations across the US for rental property investments.
Note: All annual rental revenue and rental rate figures are sourced from short-term vacation rental data and analytics provider AirDNA via GoBankingRates' methodology. Each area's (or surrounding county's) median price of homes currently listed for sale is sourced from Zillow.
25. Adirondack, New York
24. San Diego, CaliforniaAdvertisement
23. Gatlinburg, Tennessee
22. Charleston, South CarolinaAdvertisement
21. Sanibel Island, Florida
20. San Francisco, CaliforniaAdvertisement
19. Boston, Massachusetts
18. Bryce, UtahAdvertisement
17. Bar Harbor, Maine
16. West Yellowstone, MontanaAdvertisement
15. Steamboat Springs, Colorado
14. Anaheim, CaliforniaAdvertisement
13. Rodanthe, North Carolina
12. Destin, FloridaAdvertisement
11. South Lake Tahoe, California
10. Springdale, UtahAdvertisement
9. Newport, Rhode Island
8. Key West, FloridaAdvertisement
7. Jackson, Wyoming
6. West Glacier, MontanaAdvertisement
5. Yosemite, California
4. Sonoma, CaliforniaAdvertisement
3. Telluride, Colorado
2. Aspen, ColoradoAdvertisement
1. Big Sur, California
- Pak-origin men arrested in US on charges of bank fraud
- COVID: ASI monuments in Delhi reopen for visitors, masks mandatory
- Assam's COVID-19 tally crosses 12,000-mark with 786 new cases
- Delhi Police sub-inspector donates plasma after recovering from COVID-19
- Rajasthan CM stresses on raising COVID awareness among people