The actor who plays Cousin Greg on HBO's 'Succession' will star as WeWork founder Adam Neumann in an upcoming TV adaptation
- Succession's Nicholas Braun will star as Adam Neumann in an upcoming series about the WeWork implosion, a new report says.
- Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content have acquired the TV rights to an upcoming book announced by the Wall Street Journal's Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrel, according to the Hollywood Reporter's Lesley Goldberg.
- Braun, the 6'7 actor who plays the lanky Cousin Greg on the hit HBO series 'Succession,' is set to star in the new adaptation as WeWork's charismatic co-founder. He appears ready for the role, quipping on Twitter that 'the future is We.'
- The TV series is the latest in a long list of entertainment projects covering WeWork's implosion. Other projects include a feature film produced by Blumhouse Productions and a documentary produced by Campire.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Nicholas Braun, of the hit HBO series 'Succession', has taken on a new gig, according to a report in the Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday. The lanky 6-foot-7 actor will star as WeWork's charismatic co-founder Adam Neumann, in an upcoming series tracking the office-leasing company's spectacular rise and fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter's Lesley Goldberg.Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content have acquired the TV rights to an upcoming book announced by the Wall Street Journal's Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrel, the article said. Braun will reportedly both star and serve as an executive producer on the show. Endeavor Content did not immediately respond when reached for comment. Advertisement
WeWork was viewed as a rising star among unicorn startups, valued at nearly $50 billion. But when the company filed for an IPO, it drew scrutiny for Neumann's web of loans, erratic management and reckless spending. Questions about the company's business model quickly followed. The company cancelled its September IPO, ousted Adam Neumann, and tumbled in value. It accepted a bailout from the Japanese company SoftBank in October.
Braun currently plays the bumbling Cousin Greg, an outsider desperate to ingratiate himself with the ultra-wealthy Roy family and make a name for himself at their media empire.His new role as the exuberant 6-foot-5 Israeli entrepreneur Adam Neumann, who gained notoriety at WeWork for promoting a fast-paced alcohol-heavy hustle culture, promises to flex his acting skills, but the actor appears ready to take on a new persona. Braun tweeted in reaction to the Hollywood Reporter's article, quipping "The future is We."
The TV series is the latest in the pipeline of WeWork projects announced. Blumhouse Productions is set to produce a feature film based on an upcoming book by the Fast Company's Katrina Booker, and the production company Campfire announced it would be producing a documentary in collaboration with Business Insider.Here's how Braun and Neumann look in real life. What do you think?
- Google hits back at Paytm — reiterates that ‘repeated policy violations’ will lead to stricter actions
- Ericsson's latest 5G bet - acquires enterprise connectivity provider Cradlepoint for $1.1 billion
- Chingari short-video app gains more than 30 million downloads in 3 months
- Spotify and Nucleya take a dig on in-app ads in its latest ad
- HSBC shares plunge to lowest since 1995, StanChart falls after 'FinCEN' leak