THE FUTURE OF FINTECH 2019: The five megatrends reshaping the financial services value chain
The pace of change in financial services has never been faster. In only the first quarter of 2019, Apple Card sent a shock wave through the credit card space, FIS' $35 billion Wirecard acquisition set a record in the payments industry, and Fifth Third's acquisition of MB Financial minted a new top-five bank.
Looking ahead, the mix of investor capital, sweeping global regulations, technological developments, and financial services globalization will promise to ignite more major developments before the year ends.
The incumbent banking and payment providers presiding over this landscape will face a mounting challenge to keep up. Firms must stay ahead of technology demands, preserve their bottom lines, grow their customer bases, and stay on the right side of regulators.
Meanwhile, fintech threats keep growing in scale and breadth, buoyed by disruptive business models, agility, an advantageous regulatory position, and low overhead. These companies are reaching ever further across the financial services value chain, from banking to insurance, wealth management, and payments.
In THE FUTURE OF FINTECH 2019, Business Insider Intelligence's fintech research team analyzes the five most important megatrends reshaping financial services with detailed data, analysis, and and actionable insights for financial services providers.
Here are some key takeaways from the 130+ slide deck:
- New geographical fintech centers, investor focus on late-stage mega-rounds, and the emergence of specialized fintech funds are driving a surge in funding.
- The global open banking movement, led by regulators in most countries and industry players in some, is reshaping financial services and winning strategies to take advantage of this shift are emerging.
- As fintechs and tech companies are broadening their payments and banking offerings beyond core services, incumbent firms are forced to shore up their defenses.
- Increasing regulatory scrutiny is driving change in the financial services industry, making winners and losers of incumbents, entrants, and consumers.
- Technologies like AI and blockchain are moving from hype to reality, creating threats and opportunities.
In full, the deck:
- Analyzes the five largest megatrends shaping financial services
- Identifies the best-of-breed providers getting ahead of industry developments
- Outlines key strategies other firms can use to mirror their success
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >>Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the fast-moving world of Fintech.
The companies mentioned in the report are: Apple, Alibaba, Amazon, Ant Financial, Bank of America, Barclays, BBVA, BNP Paribas, BPCE, Brex, Credit Suisse, Circle, Citi, Clover, Danske Bank, Facebook, Fidelity, Flipkart, Grab, Goldman Sachs, Google, HSBC, IBM, ING Lemonade, JPMorgan Chase, MarketInvoice, Monzo, MUFG, N26, Nubank, OnDeck, Paypal, Paytm, PensionBee, Plaid, Policybazaar, PNC, R3, RBS, Ribbit Capital Robinhood, TransferWise, Toss, Simudyne, SBI Holdings, Square, SoftBank, Starling, Viola Group, Wealthify, Wealthsimple, and Wells Fargo, among others