The top 9 shows on Netflix and other streaming services this week
- Every week, Parrot Analytics provides Business Insider with a list of the nine most in-demand original TV shows on streaming services in the US.
- This week's list includes Netflix's "Stranger Things" and Disney Plus' "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Netflix's "Stranger Things" has surged to the top of this week's demand ranking thanks to the release last week of a season four teaser.Every week, Parrot Analytics provides Business Insider with a list of the nine most in-demand TV shows on streaming services in the US.Advertisement
The data is based on "demand expressions," Parrot Analytics' globally standardized TV-demand measurement unit. Audience demand reflects the desire, engagement, and viewership weighted by importance, so a stream or a download is a higher expression of demand than a "like" or a comment on social media, for instance.
"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" returned to the list, as the final season premiered on Disney Plus on Friday. Parrot Analytics told Business Insider that demand for "The Clone Wars" that was 143% higher than demand for "The Mandalorian" three days ahead of their respective premieres.Meanwhile, Netflix's hit fantasy series "The Witcher" continues to lose audience demand in the US, but it's still the biggest series worldwide.
Below are this week's nine most popular original shows on Netflix and other streaming services:
9. "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" (Netflix)
8. "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" (Disney Plus)Advertisement
7. "Star Trek: Picard" (CBS All Access)
6. "Titans" (DC Universe)Advertisement
5. "Narcos: Mexico" (Netflix)
4. "The Witcher" (Netflix)Advertisement
3. "Harley Quinn" (DC Universe)
2. "The Mandalorian" (Disney Plus)Advertisement
1. "Stranger Things" (Netflix)
- Bank of India sees impact on recoveries, profitability due to COVID-19
- Uday Kotak to sell 2.83% stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank; sale to fetch over Rs 6,800 cr
- Moody's downgrades India's rating first time in over 2 decades, says GDP to shrink by 4% in FY21
- MP COVID-19 cases rise by 194 to 8,283; death toll 358
- Noida: Liquor shops can open up to 9 pm outside containment zones