These small cap companies have attracted big investments from high-networth individuals
- HNI share by value in companies listed on NSE went down to 1.9%, in the third quarter as compared to the last quarter, said a
- Infosys, Bajaj Finserv and Kotak Mahindra are among the top companies with HNI holdings by value.
- Here are some of the top small cap stocks where HNIs holdings are over 40%.
AdvertisementHigh networth individuals (HNIs) held stocks worth ₹5 lakh crore in NSE-listed companies, as on 31 September, 2022, as per a Prime Database report.
Individuals with over ₹5 crore investible surplus are defined as HNIs. Those with over ₹25 crore of investible surplus are defined as ultra HNIs.
“HNI share by value in companies listed on NSE went down to 1.9% as on September 30, 2022 from 2.08% as on June 30, 2022,” the report said.
While Infosys, Bajaj Finserv and Kotak Mahindra are the top companies with HNI holdings by value, here are some small cap stocks where HNIs have the highest stake – all above 40%.
HNI holding: 52.3%
Market cap: ₹118 crore
This Rajasthan-based company runs a hotel in Deoli, manufactures agricultural products and has entered into the business of mining granite and marble near Kekri district in Ajmer. In the September quarter, its net profit stood at ₹7 crore on revenue at ₹45 crore.
HNI holding: 44.87%
Market cap: ₹7 crore
The company that offers catering services to weddings and other events said in its annual report that it has not been earning from its main business activities, and is looking out for new business avenues. In Q2, it posted a net loss of ₹12.63 lakh, and ₹0.03 lakhs in revenue.
HNI holding: 42.93%
Market cap: ₹26 crore
The Greater Noida-based company is engaged in the business of processing rough marble blocks into slabs and tiles. The company imports its raw materials, but also has a mining lease in Odisha. In Q2, it posted a net loss of ₹20 lakh and a revenue of ₹3.37 crore.
HNI holding: 42.42%
Market cap: ₹907 crore
The company is engaged in the business of providing turnkey solutions for power transmission projects. It has two manufacturing units in Nashik and Raipur and also takes up projects internationally. In Q2, it posted ₹4 crore net loss, and 14 crore in revenue.
AdvertisementSom Distilleries & Breweries
HNI holding: 42.33%
Market cap: ₹777 crore
As the name suggests the company manufactures alcoholic beverages like beer, whisky, vodka, gin, rum, and brandy along with non-alcoholic drinks like cranberry, orange, and tangy lemon fruit drinks.
Zenith Steel Pipes & Industries
HNI holding: 42.28%
Market cap: ₹72 crore
The Mumbai-based manufacturer of steel pipes caters to various applications like water distribution, fire fighting systems, scaffolding and more.
HNI holding: 41.45%
Market cap: ₹99 crore
Nandani Creation is a fashion company that designs and produces women’s apparel like dresses, tunics, tops and more. The Rajasthan-based company also has a store named Amaiva.
HNI holding: 41.19%
Market cap: ₹1,624 crore
The Hyderabad-based company is primarily known for its software product testing services but also claims to offer digital engineering services to help accelerate the digital transformation of its clients.
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs