US stocks are at 'scary high levels' - and 10 other terrifying charts about the global economy
- For the past few months, the global economy has been slowing, sounding alarm bells for economists around the world - but now other data is flagging issues in the economy.
- The US deficit could top $1 trillion, European Banks like Deutsche are in the doldrums and US stocks are trading much higher than the country's growth.
- Here are some charts highlighting some of the issues the economy is facing.
- View Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The global economy has been slowing for months, and alarm bells about the future have been sounding, with data from shipping, construction and factory output slipping around the world.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 53% OFF
Echo Dot (3rd Gen, Black) + Wipro 9W LED Smart Color Bulb combo - Works with Alexa - Smart Home starter kit₹ 3099₹ 6598Buy On
He added that major issues within demographics such as an ageing Chinese population and high youth unemployment exacerbated the problem and could lead to issues in years to come.Below are just some of Macro Hive's charts detailing the issues.
1. US stocks at scary high levels.
2. Huge expectations on private equity.
3. Leverage loan machine is spluttering
4. The US budget deficit about to hit $1 trillion.
5. Negative term premia on long-dated US bonds is something we've never seen before.
6. FX volatility at all-time lows.
7. European bank valuations are terrible.
8. Chinese banks look vulnerable.
9. Index funds are popular
10. Youth unemployment will lead to instability.
11. China's ageing population is a problem now.
- Nestle India, United Breweries, Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem and other stocks to watch out for on July 29
- India has limited options for weapons that can take down enemy drones
- International Tigers Day: Ten most interesting facts about the beautiful beasts
- Rolex Rings IPO gets subscribed 3.84 times on the first day of bidding
- If Spotify was a country, it would be bigger than the US as subscriber count hits 365 million