Wall Street intern diaries - Millennium poaches JPM star - 411 on NDAs
Wall Streetintern gave us a look into their life at a top bulge-bracket investment bank.
- Millennium has snagged a star equity trader from JPMorgan.
- We rounded up the top recruiters scouting for talent for family offices. You can meet them here.
Let's get started.
We asked an intern at a top bulge-bracket investment bank to document an entire week in their life on Wall Street. From late-night ice cream parties to cramming on their final project, here's a look inside their world.
Millennium has struck again. This time, amid growing demand for volatility traders, it snagged Borzu Masoudi, head of equity macro derivatives at JPMorgan. Read up on Masoudi's move.
A talent war is unfolding between traditional firms and family offices, the privately held, loosely regulated wealth managers for the world's richest individuals and their families. We rounded up the must-know recruiters in the industry, who you can meet here.
The short answer is yes - employers can legally require employees to get a COVID-19 vaccine, which Goldman Sachs has already done. To help you understand what this means for your work environment, we spoke with six labor and employment lawyers. Here's what they told us.
Nium, a Singaporean payments startup, has become Southeast Asia's first business-to-business payments unicorn after raising $200 million in fresh funding. Check out the pitch deck that turned Nium into a unicorn.
Pine Brook Capital Partners, which owns 7% of Better, has sued over the company's SPAC merger. Here are the details on the lawsuit.
Despite the widespread use of nondisclosure agreements, many workers say they are confused by their NDA and don't understand what they can and can't say about their work. We reviewed 36 NDA's from workers at giant tech firms and at startups, and found six things to look for in your own agreement.
On our radar:
- You're finally pulling in six figures. Why don't you feel better about your job?
- Employees who fix Apple laptops say the facility they work in is a "sweatshop." Read our exclusive report.
- Insider came across an address book that appears to have belonged to Jeffrey Epstein in the 1990s. Here's how it had landed in the hands of a communist farmer in Vermont.
- iCapital Network Inc. raised $440 million in a funding round that values the upstart investing platform at around $4 billion, the WSJ reports.
- The NYT reports that a generation gap has emerged between young workers, who prefer to work from home, and older colleagues who value the traditional workplace.
- Speaking of working remotely, Slate reported on the people who would rather quit than give up remote work.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’