Wall Street lobbies for crypto - Plaid hires chief privacy officer - How to get a job at Goldman
On the agenda today:
- Goldman Sachs just hired a digital-assets expert from Facebook.
- Plaid hired its first-ever chief privacy officer.
- Finance-career experts gave us an inside look at how to land a job at Goldman.
Let's get started.
Facebook's Lee Brenner will be joining Goldman Sachs as the bank's first head of public policy for digital assets. Brenner will work with Washington watchdogs, at a time when regulators are increasingly looking at banks' involvement in crypto. Get the details on his new role.
As Plaid's first-ever chief privacy officer, Sheila Jambekar will play a key role in the long-running turf war between fintechs and big banks. Coming from Twilio, Jambekar will develop and oversee Plaid's data privacy and security standards. Meet her here.
We spoke with a
Mortgage company Better has hired 7,000 people during the pandemic, and was recently nominated by LinkedIn as the top startup in the US. We chatted with execs, who told us how they've ramped up hiring and how they keep staff happy. Get the inside story on Better's rise.
On our radar:
- Four lawyers share stories of mental and physical exhaustion - and why they ultimately decided to quit Big Law.
- The Financial Times reports that Wall Street CEOs like Jamie Dimon and Brian Moynihan are bucking the trend of quick-fire bosses. More on the "forever CEO."
- TPG has appointed a new president, WSJ reports. Among other management changes, Todd Sisitsky will take on the role of president.
- The Goldman Sachs executive who led its consumer banking launch is set to depart, per the Financial Times. Get the latest on his exit.
- Indian genome scientists recommend COVID-19 booster dose for those above 40 years of age
- Jet Airways stock flies on news that the airline is in talks to buy 100 aircraft ahead of its comeback
- NASA grants $415.6 million to Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origins and more companies to build commercial space stations
- Here are the most popular emojis of 2021
- Poor demand for Star Health’s IPO forces investment bankers to cut down on promoter offerings; GMP at ₹10 discount