Finland just unveiled a dramatic new approach to its schooling system
Finland just unveiled a new initiative that will get rid of the concept of subjects in school classrooms by 2020, and it's pretty dramatic by American standards.
This means that rather than teaching math, reading, and science as separate subjects, classroom teachers will now have lesson topics that span multiple subjects. For example, a topic could be the European Union, and linguistics, economics, and history, would all be included in that lesson, Richard Garner reported for The Independent.
Finland is a known powerhouse and innovator in education. And it's got some pretty incredible statistics proving its success.
Take a look at the infographic below:
- Now, a smart SIP that alters your monthly installment as per market valuation
- Adani Wilmar’s Angshu Mallick on edible oil prices, rural consumption patterns and outlook for Q2FY23
- WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Tata Motors acquires Ford’s manufacturing plant in Gujarat for ₹726 crore
- Ronnie Screwvala's edtech company upGrad bags ₹1,670 crore