First photos from 'Wonder Woman 1984' confirm that Chris Pine is returning as Steve Trevor
- Warner Bros. confirmed that "Wonder Woman 1984" is the official title of the "Wonder Woman" sequel.
- Chris Pine is also returning as Steve Trevor for the sequel. Trevor died at the end of the first movie, so it remains to be seen how he'll return.
- "Wonder Woman 1984" comes to theaters November 1, 2019.
Production on the "Wonder Woman" sequel has officially begun, and Warner Bros. has confirmed not only the title of the sequel, but that actor Chris Pine is returning, as well.
"Wonder Woman 1984" is the official title of the sequel, and Pine will be back as Steve Trevor. Trevor was Wonder Woman's love interest and a military spy during World War I in the first movie. An image released by Warner Bros. with Pine as Trevor is above.
Director Patty Jenkins also tweeted the photo on Wednesday with the caption, "Welcome to WONDER WOMAN 1984, Steve Trevor! #WW84."
Trevor died at the end of the first movie after sacrificing himself, and the sequel is set decades after the original, so it remains to be seen how the character will be brought back.
"Wonder Woman 1984" opens in theaters November 1, 2019. It stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as the villain Cheetah, and Pedro Pascal in an unknown role.
Below is another image released by Warner Bros. to celebrate the start of production, featuring Gadot:
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them