Flipkart Pays Rs 23.51 Crore As Penalty For Fudging Papers
AdvertisementInvestors of the e-tailer giant
According to an official with Ghaziabad tax department, the company used to collect taxes from its end customers but did not deposit the same with the department. “The said irregularity in the taxes was found after the books of the firm were seized. The company had earlier paid Rs 29 lakhs as penalty,” said the official.
The official further added that during the investigation, many of the company’s listed trade partners were bogus firms and did not exist in reality.
The raid was carried out by both Noida and Ghaziabad’s tax departments at the company’s warehouse in Dasna in Ghaziabad.
On contacting the company, a spokesperson for Flipkart said, “At Flipkart, it is our endeavor to be transparent in all our dealings with authorities. We are compliant with the laws of the land and will extend full support to the authorities and address any concerns they have.”
It should be noted that following Flipkart’s
Popular on BI
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden