For the first time in 14 years, the best university in the world isn't in America
- Times Higher Education ranks world universities annually.
- This year, Harvard was dethroned from the top spot.
- Oxford University and Cambridge University came in first and second.
United Kingdom-based Oxford and Cambridge Universities came in No.1 and No. 2, respectively.
For the first time in 14 years, an American college didn't crack the top two in a ranking of the best universities in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 list.
It reviews quantitative factors, like the number of times a university's published work is cited by scholars globally, and qualitative factors, like peer surveys, to assemble the ranking.Read below to see the top 10 universities in the world:
10. University of Pennsylvania (tie)
10. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (tie)Advertisement
9. University of Chicago
8. Imperial College LondonAdvertisement
7. Princeton University
6. Harvard UniversityAdvertisement
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
3. Stanford University (tie)Advertisement
3. California Institute of Technology (tie)
2. University of CambridgeAdvertisement
1. University of Oxford
- LG Wing swivel phone and Velvet dual screen phone launched in India
- Hong Kong bars Air India flights for fourth time as passengers test positive for COVID-19
- Goa government allows casinos to reopen from November 1
- Rajesh Nambiar appointed as Cognizant's new India MD & Chairman
- Twitter's explanation on showing Ladakh as part of China deemed inadequate by India