Ford is continuing to press the case that it's a mobility company
Fields also used his keynote speech to announce the new Kuga SUV, and that the company's Sync 3 and Fordpass connectivity software will be expanded to European customers.
The list of semi-autonomous and safety technologies currently prioritized by Ford is impressive.
They include traffic-jam assist, fully-active park assist, pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection, intelligent speed limiter, and three autonomous vehicle research centers in California, Michigan, and Germany.
Though some of this is news from Ford, Fields' speech is on message with a constant theme from Ford executives as of late.
"Fields' keynote at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona will focus on Ford's transition from an automotive company to an auto and a mobility company," a Ford press release about the event said.
Just last week we heard similar language from executive chairman Bill Ford, who said in a speech in Kansas City that his company would be at the forefront of a technological revolution in the industry as dynamic as the change "from horses to automobiles."
"We are rapidly becoming both an auto company and a mobility company," Ford said, echoing the same riff.
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022