Ford is once again more valuable than Tesla
- Ford has passed Tesla as the No. 2 US automaker by market capitalization.
- General Motors is the largest US automaker by market value.
- Watch Ford trade live.
It took more than two years, but Ford is once again more valuable than Tesla.Ford shares surged more than 10% on Friday after the company posted first-quarter results that topped Wall Street estimates. The gains ran Ford's market cap to more than $41 billion, putting it ahead of Tesla's $40 billion valuation. Both automakers trail General Motors, which had a market value of $56 billion. Advertisement
For much of the last two years Tesla and GM flip flopped between the top two spots. But in January, GM reclaimed the No. 1 spot and has not relinquished it as Tesla has struggled with demand issues and just posted a big first-quarter loss.In terms of 2018 sales, General Motors was No. 1 (2.95 million), followed by Ford (2.5 million) and Fiat Chrysler (2.24 milion). By comparison, Tesla sold more than 200,000 vehicles in a year for the first time in 2018.
Get the latest Ford stock price here.
- NCLT approves IL&FS stake sale in GIFTCL to Gujarat govt
- 40 fresh cases in Kerala, COVID-19 tally breaches 1,000 mark
- 55-yr-old COVID-19 positive man dies in Srinagar hospital; toll in J-K rises to 25
- Herd immunity in India is a terrible idea, says Harvard Professor
- Truecaller data of 47.5 million Indians on sale for ₹75,000, company denies database breach