Forget the iPhone 8 - the iPhone 7 is going to be an incredible deal later this year
I really love the iPhone 7.
Sure, the functionality is almost identical to last year's iPhone 6s. But with a few software tweaks and additions, plus that gorgeous all-metal design with the hidden antenna lines, the iPhone 7 might be my favorite iPhone ever.
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
And so, when Apple inevitably releases a new iPhone lineup later this year, filled with all sorts of bells and whistles, don't forget that Apple will almost certainly drop the price of its current iPhones to make room for the new ones. If Apple follows tradition, the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will get $100 price drops; the iPhone 7 could cost $550 instead of $650, and the iPhone 7 Plus could cost $670 instead of $770. Considering the iPhone 8 is expected to cost over $1,000, the iPhone 7 is almost certainly going to be the best deal you can get for a top-of-the-line iPhone experience.Just keep that in mind later this year: Everyone will focus on the new iPhone, which will be great and shiny and new, but don't sleep on the "old" iPhone 7, especially at that lower price point. You'll save several hundred dollars, and still own one helluva device.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year