'Fortnite' is getting a major new mode that will finally give players a chance to practice
- Despite being absurdly popular, "Fortnite" is a tremendously difficult game to master.
- Due to the nature of how the game works, there's little opportunity to practice without risk of death.
- In an upcoming update, the game is getting a new mode that offers players a much better opportunity to practice the game in relative safety.
Tired of getting wiped out in "Fortnite" before you've even had a chance to try that shiny new weapon or build your dream fortress?
So are tens of millions of other people, and there's no great way to remedy that in the current game - no practice mode, or test range, or unlimited building area. Such a mode could offer new players and veterans alike a chance to hone their skills before putting them to the test in live games of Battle Royale mode.
It sounds like the folks behind "Fortnite," Epic Games, agree. A new mode is coming in the game's next patch (4.3) that finally offers a chance to spend some time practicing.
Here's how Epic describes it in a blog post:
"Battle and build to your heart's content with an extended period of time to roam around the map as well as increased resource generation. All treasure chests and ammo crates will be spawned, try droppin' in different spots and scope out the loot. Friendly fire is on so you can scrimmage with your squad (up to 4 friends per match), but fear not you'll respawn immediately."
Of course, given the loose nature of this mode, Challenge progression and stats won't be tracked.
Epic likens the Playground mode to Creative Mode in "Minecraft," which offers unlimited resources and turns off survival systems - it essentially offers a risk-free version of the game's building mechanics.
Similarly, in the new Playground mode for "Fortnite," it sounds like gathering resources and building will be much easier. Finally, a chance to master the art of rapid tower construction!
There's no release window given for the next "Fortnite" patch, but a safe bet would put it somewhere around mid-June when the video game industry holds the annual E3 convention in Los Angeles.
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Indian markets open tad higher ahead of GDP data -- Zomato, SBI, NDTV, Britannia Industries among stocks to watch
- Government lifts ban on organic non-basmati rice exports
- Scientists revive 48,500-year-old zombie virus buried under a frozen lake in Russia
- India Inc.’s rockstars of Q2 and things that investors should look out for, according to analysts
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000