From helicopters to canapes, here's how the Queen spends her £340 million fortune
The refit will be funded by British taxpayers out of the Sovereign Grant. This is the allowance provided to the Queen by the government to support her official duties.
The Queen received a £40.1 million allowance this year, with a further £13.9 million coming from other sources, such as property rental.
The grant is the Queen's main source of income and contributes to her overall fortune of around £340 million, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.
The Sovereign Grant annual report provides a detailed breakdown of her outgoings - ranging from helicopter transport to utility bills - and it makes for illuminating reading. Here is how the Queen spends her money.
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price