NEFT can be done round the clock now, says RBI
- The National Electronic Funds Transfer would be available round the clock from December 2019.
- Currently, people have to wait or schedule their payment for the next working day if they don’t perform the transaction as per the time limit.
The Reserve Bank of India said the National Electronic Funds Transfer would be available round the clock from December 2019.
"The Reserve Bank will make available the
The National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), a digital payment system by RBI, operates from 8.00 am to 7 pm on all working days. However, the payment system is not available on every second and fourth Saturday.
Currently, people have to wait or schedule their payment for the next working day.
RBI has been taking several steps to boost the digital payment system in India. Earlier, the Reserve Bank of India removed charges levied on transactions conducted through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and NEFT. The waiver in NEFT, IMPS and RTGS charges will attract more customers towards digital transactions, the central bank had noted.
RBI to remove transaction charges on RTGS, NEFT
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 6:45pm
- India in good position in COVID-19 battle: HM Shah
- PIL in SC for compensation to next kin of COVID-19 victims
- Large number of MSMEs approaching banks for collateral-free loans: Survey
- COVID-19: Hry govt to allow physically challenged employees to work from home