Gal Gadot's 'Wonder Woman' salary was shockingly low
According to The Daily Dot, the star of "Wonder Woman" was paid $300,000. Gadot is currently in the second film of a three-picture deal in which she's being paid that figure for each project ("Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "Wonder Woman" "Justice League"). Because of the success of "Wonder Woman," it's likely Gadot is eligible for potential bonuses in her contract.It's a surprisingly low number in the superhero-movie world, given the hundreds of millions of dollars to make and promote the films. But it's not the first time an actor has gotten that kind of paycheck. Chris Evans for "Captain America: The First Avengers" also only got a base pay of $300,000.Advertisement
However, the actors in the first "Avengers" movie earned between $2-6 million after bonuses, while Robert Downey Jr. took in $50 million. And Henry Cavill earned $14 million for the first time he played Superman in "Man of Steel."
With "Wonder Woman" having earned over $570 million worldwide to date, Gadot can expect a raise when the sequel is announced.
- India's COVID-19 recovery is outpacing active cases by more than five times
- SBI warns customers to beware of WhatsApp calls and scam messages
- UPSC postponement plea: Impossible to defer exams, UPSC tells SC – next hearing on September 30
- Here is how Airtel, TCS and Asian Paints continue to win consumer trust despite challenging times
- Heavy police force deployed in Rajasthan’s Dungarpur where violent protests over government job reservation killed two