Gene Wilder, star of 'Willy Wonka,' has died at 83
The two-time Oscar nominee also starred in four films alongside stand-up icon Richard Pryor.Wilder is known best for his collaboration with director Mel Brooks on "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein."Advertisement
"The Producers," Wilder's breakout role, earned him a best supporting actor Oscar nomination. He later shared a best screen-writing Oscar nomination with Brooks for "Young Frankenstein."
Wilder was married to "Saturday Night Live" star Gilda Radner. However, two years after their marriage, Radner was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She died in 1989 at age 42.There is no word yet on Wilder's cause of death.
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker
- IndusInd bank acquires more than 7% stake in both Eveready and Mc Leod Russel